Weight Loss

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Phases

Does anyone else feel like they go through phases when it comes to eating right and exercise? Sometimes I feel like it is an all or nothing type of deal. I am either in it full force and being really clean about the things I eat, or I am so bad with my food choices, I am looking for a heart attack to happen. Now it may not be as bad as I describe but I enjoy fast food. I enjoy a big cheeseburger and fries. I'm not really a sweet tooth kind of person but I do enjoy anything peanut butter and chocolate together. I think I eat when I am bored. I eat just to fill time when I am at work. I like to snack or I like to eat big huge meals and not need anything for another 5-6 hours at a time.
All of these habits are ones I need to work on and I need to commit to this healthy lifestyle not just embrace it for a few months and then go back to my old ways.

I feel like once I get back to my goal weight I will learn portion control and hopefully be able to still enjoy a slice of pizza here or a cookie here but it must be in moderation and not binge on those things.

I say all this because just last year, I was on the right track. I was finishing up nursing the twins and I was ready to get my body back in shape. I did all this through food choices alone and very little exercise. I was successful to a point but then I gained a bunch of this weight back over the last year:

I was not to my goal weight in the top picture but I was about 8-10 pounds away. I was so close I could taste it, and apparently I chose to taste other things. I hope this time will be different and I will become a changed healthy person through this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment