Weight Loss

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Getting Started

It is time. It is time for me to get healthy and stay healthy. I can remember countless times over my life that I have started a diet, tried to lose weight, or felt my body was not good enough. Now I can look back at some of those times and I could slap my younger self. I was pretty fit growing up. I loved sports and playing outdoors and my body developed at a different rate than my peers. I was a gymnast with a muscular body while my friends were "skinny" or that is how I saw it. I developed curves early and thought that meant I was fat or bigger than my peers. Looking back on pictures from my childhood, I can see that I was fit and active.

Although I was pretty fit. I was probably not healthy. I was raised in the fast food generation. At the end of generation X we were among the first families where both parents worked. I was also a part of a blended family and both of my mom's had little time to cook or make meals with healthy ingredients. I learned to love fast food early and that has always been my downfall. My body craved that junk and I never learned to eat "right". In my adult years, I made some changes but never stuck to my changes. I have learned more about proper diets, exercise, and ideal weights but I have never adopted the lifestyle.

Now that I am a mom of two beautiful twin girls, I think it is time for me to make some major changes so I can raise my girls better and allow them the to learn about food in its purest form.

My husband is no better with his eating habits. He has a psychological aversion to water. I don't know when or how that started but he doesn't drink water in the pure form. He will drink Crystal Light, juice, and soda but he does not drink water. He also refuses to eat most vegetables. And the only fruits he eats are apples and some oranges.

As I look at our family, I realize we are all struggling to find health. My quest has to do with losing weight but it is more important that I get my family healthy. The weight loss will just be a perk of getting healthy.

So with that said, I introduce you to me. I don't know why I have the most awful frown on my face but you get the idea. This is all 152 pounds of me.


No comments:

Post a Comment