Weight Loss

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A Day in My Life....

Hi, My name is Amy and I live a busy life. Sometimes I wonder why I put so much on my plate but then I sit back and know, I would not have it any other way. I love to be busy and I enjoy setting goals and accomplishing those goals. My dad always said that if Amy puts her mind do it, it will happen. This was not always a good thing, especially when I was 3 years old and I wanted something I was not allowed to have. I had to learn somethings the hard way but it helped to shape who I am today.

So a little more about me. I am a married mom of twin baby girls (or should I say toddlers). Our girls are 2 years and 2 months old now. I married a more laid back man that compliments my busy lifestyle by slowing me down a bit.

I work full time as a counselor for a major for-profit University. I am also a part-time instructor for another for-profit health care school. Part of my employment as an instructor involves going to graduation and tutoring the students here and there. I'm also finishing up my 2nd masters degree in Adult Education. I have about 5 classes left and I should finish that degree early 2012. I think I may pursue a PHD later in life, just not anytime soon as I need a major break for school. I also sell Scentsy products in my spare time (which I hardly ever have).

So there you go. I am full-time mom, full-time student, with a full-time job, and 2 part-time jobs. Some days I don't get everything done but most days I manage to fit it all in. I think that I am lacking in the exercise department and since I have so little time, I need to MAKE some time for myself.

Take today for instance. I am up for work at 4:30am. I get ready for the day and get my lunch and meals packed and I am out the door and arriving at work at 5:30am. I will work from 5:30 to 11:00am where I will leave and run over to the other college and tutor students for 2 hours on my lunch break from Job #1. I will arrive back from tutoring at about 2pm. I will then work until about 4:15pm and then head home. I usually have at least 1 errand to run on my way home consisting of grocery shopping (for more delicious healthy food) or picking up the dry-cleaning etc. I spend a couple of hours with my girls, we like to go to the park when it is not too hot and we also play in the sprinkler in the back yard. I will make dinner, see my husband for a short time since he gets home around dinner time. After dinner we play with the girls for a bit and then it is time for the girls' bath time and bedtime routine at around 7pm. After we get them in bed. I have about 30 minutes to check up on emails and do a little of homework and then I shower and go to bed around 8:30.

This schedule is not conducive to much "me" time but I make it work for now. At least I can control my food intake and make the best choices about what I put into my body. My schedule will change at the end of this month where I start teaching a course and I will be teaching from 6pm-9pm M-Thurs leaving me with less time with the girls but I may be able to go to the gym at work during my lunch break since I won't be tutoring during the lunch hour.

So there you have it, a day in the life of busy Amy!

No comments:

Post a Comment